Project Green Page
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade weapons

+2
FiresRiot
sagebloodventura
6 posters

Go down

Homemade weapons Empty Homemade weapons

Post by sagebloodventura Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:07 am

Will you guys have any homemade guns that players can make from junk in game.
like a pipe shotgun or make scraps into a junk knife or a pistol.
sagebloodventura
sagebloodventura

Back to top Go down

Homemade weapons Empty Re: Homemade weapons

Post by FiresRiot Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:54 am

Currently? No, we wont be having home made weapons. Home made weapons are dangerous to the user as much as its victims. If not made correctly, it could turn out to be a double edged sword, especially in the case of a crude knife laugh. There was a game where a crude home made shotgun that shot bolts but I doubt we will be supporting such home made weapons. If home made weapons are to come into the feature they will be much more basic and mostly melee type weapons. However there might be a feature that is somewhat similar in function to "home made" weapons. How does everyone else feel about home-made weapons? Do we have anyone here that made a potato gun as a Child? (We advise not to make one as they are illegal in most states, dangerous and a threat to the safety of potatoes everywhere!)
FiresRiot
FiresRiot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetcutter Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:10 am

Not my cup of tea after Myself and a friend built a 5 inch Mortar launcher , years ago. (we were 17) We hurled a 2 inch Zinc casting at a local establishment and took out the entry doors. The noise was insane. We hid the launcher and departed to the basement.

Kids..
Jetcutter
Jetcutter

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:01 am

Surprised awesome!
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

http://projectgreenpage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sagebloodventura Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 am

So now the game was announced as a mmo . If there was a lot of people on the server. The chance to find a gun might be hard, But what about making a homemade crossbow or a bow. Or a air compressed luancher
sagebloodventura
sagebloodventura

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteHunter39 Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:08 am

Sage, by air compressed launcher do you mean a Potato Gun that launches cans instead of potatos? And home made crossbows might be a little scarce considering the fact that trees would have burned up in the nuclear war not to mention you would at least need some kind of elastic rubber/string and bolts. Also if it's a metal/man-made material crossbow you would need at tools.
EliteHunter39
EliteHunter39

Back to top Go down

Post by sagebloodventura Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Yea kinda i have thought about a few things i just have not seen this post until now sry for not reply in time
sagebloodventura
sagebloodventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosif Thu May 01, 2014 5:27 pm

A metal crossbow is pretty much almost impossible to make without at least some kind of industrial way to shape the metal. Not to mention the strings.

It's very possible to make semi-automatic only handguns and even single-fire only SMGs without any industrial machinery for the assembly.
The hardest parts for any homemade semi professional weapon (I'm talking something that fires a regular bullet and actually looks like a gun, not a giant tube lol) are getting the materials of the correct specifications and the tools.

A handmade weapon that can fire real bullets is not something you can build randomly or half-assed. To prevent chamber and cannon explosions, most (if not all) parts must be metallic and they need to have millimetric precision. And you need at least two steel springs for most weapons.

Of course these will fire real bullets, making homemade bullets from scratch is simply out of question.

And to make additional homemade mags you need additional steel springs.

I wouldn't even try to do it without having a group of people and a workshop.

I'd rather grab a knife, put bacon in my mouth and go hunting people.
Iosif
Iosif

Back to top Go down

Post by FiresRiot Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Iosif hit the hammer on the nail here, mind the pun ;)

The trouble and dangers of creating an effective home made automated or even semi automated weapons would come with great difficulty. It would be safer and easier to simply buy a professional created weapons.

Though many people have been seen making home made bullets, it is usually the experienced shooters who do such and even then the shells are already made and usually only requires the addition of gunpowder and slipping on the actual bullet.
FiresRiot
FiresRiot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosif Wed May 21, 2014 8:24 pm

FiresRiot wrote:
(...) even then the shells are already made and usually only requires the addition of gunpowder and slipping on the actual bullet.

This is called reloading a bullet and you need a reloading press, brand new primers and to know the exact ammount of gunpowder that you need. I say again, making a homemade bullet out of nothing is simply out of the question.
Iosif
Iosif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down