Project Green Page
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions regarding testing of PGP.

2 posters

Go down

Questions regarding testing of PGP. Empty Questions regarding testing of PGP.

Post by alphasabre Fri May 23, 2014 1:50 am

I had a couple questions regarding testing for PGP, specifically how do you plan on doing build testing? Publicly through milestone client releases? Internally with with a small group of testers? Considering PGP is now an mmo many of the features obviously need to be tested on many system configs, and the features added over time to PGP need to be tested over network. Just wondering if you guys have come up with a game plan for this, and if this is being announced yet.
alphasabre
alphasabre

Back to top Go down

Questions regarding testing of PGP. Empty Re: Questions regarding testing of PGP.

Post by IceNoodleBowl Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 am

As of now, our priority is to release a playable build (with most of the core logics enabled) and make a proper debut. We are not concerned with testing at the moment because we have exemplary data from other games that use similar network topology.

Don't get us wrong though, we are not trying to say that we are developing without a solid plan. But as you'd would have guessed, most of these are not time specific but goal specific. For example, as a development team, we've reached what we call "phase 1" internally, which by our definition, a phase whereby GP is accessible to the public regardless of its state. Similarly "phase 2" begins when we seriously start to polish the game for improved experience. "phase 3" would be our last phase before sales begin and so on
 hmm 

But all this is developer specific and not client/gamer related. For gamers, most of the testing will be done via people actually playing the game. We were initially planning to ask Forum members to participate, but it turns out testing a MMO game client with about 100 internal testers ends up being 1~2 concurrent players. A statistic that we already knew from the books but willfully ignored. It was then noted that we need a larger pool of testers to actually test the game hence the release of a half-ready build at IndieDB

All this is part of making a game worth playing in my opinion. Plans are cool but I learned the hard way that indie developers lack the man power to set a deadline and keep it. Instead, we work on one aspect of a game at a time until we have something we absolutely love, and be a bit relaxed about the pace of development.
 Hero 

Nonetheless, we will post something if we have any info worth announcing. Alternatively, check out the dev news and screenshots section. That's a board where "I" upload what I am doing at that time which probably is a good indication of what's happening to the next version update. Hope this helps.
 Uryuu
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

http://projectgreenpage.com

Back to top Go down

Questions regarding testing of PGP. Empty Re: Questions regarding testing of PGP.

Post by alphasabre Fri May 23, 2014 4:34 am

Thanks for the reply Noodle answered my question perfectly, In my experience one of the biggest mistakes that Indie developers, in fact any developer, can make is to make promises that depend on data that is fluid and changing. In my experience the software development world deadlines are the devil and more so in the game development industry. The best policy is a, "When its done" policy. I applaud you for this. Probably the most clear message I have ever received from a dev on any project .
alphasabre
alphasabre

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl Fri May 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks for the kinds words. We learned this the hard way when we were not able to keep deadlines one after the other. SmileTwo

IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

http://projectgreenpage.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down