Project Green Page
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Er I'm not sure this should be here but..

3 posters

Go down

Er I'm not sure this should be here but.. Empty Er I'm not sure this should be here but..

Post by EliteHunter39 Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:55 am

Are going to be crosshairs?
I find it really difficult to aim with the third person gun.
EliteHunter39
EliteHunter39

Back to top Go down

Er I'm not sure this should be here but.. Empty Re: Er I'm not sure this should be here but..

Post by IceNoodleBowl Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 am

Elite,

You probably didn't zero in you gun. use the arrow keys to align them. For quick reference check out the 4th dev video to see how. Here is where you can watch the dev video.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/green-page/

There are many features in Green Page, including starting a fire, building you own table and clearing the chamber for safety and so on. Problem is, we are still working on the game and haven't had the time to implement tutorials or guides of any sort.
 Content

As of the crosshair, we will probably never have it as it defeats the purpose of having sights, gun mechanics and so on. If it doesn't exist in reality, then it will most likely not feature.
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

http://projectgreenpage.com

Back to top Go down

Er I'm not sure this should be here but.. Empty Re: Er I'm not sure this should be here but..

Post by EliteHunter39 Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:02 am

The aligning needs to be a bit faster...
EliteHunter39
EliteHunter39

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Noted. We will probably reduce the offset so there is less alignment required. We would like to leave the speed as it is for fine adjustments. The thing is, at below 500m shots, a slight offset isn't a huge deal but it gets really interesting at 800+ meters/

Content 
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosif Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 am

It's already stretching it too far to take shots at 500 meters with ironsights. That's Special Operator's level. A slight offset will make a huge difference at 300 meters, but that's already the recommended maximum for ironsights.
Iosif
Iosif

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:19 pm

now that we are talking about sights, did you get to try the scoped version a 4X and the Holographic sights for M4? It's kind of awesome to have those not for their looks but for their functionality. You'd probably love our sights as they work almost like the real life counter part - including the brightness control and the batteries.

Hero
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosif Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Don't even know how to get 'em in the game. All I've ever seen is the regular one with iron sights.
Iosif
Iosif

Back to top Go down

Post by EliteHunter39 Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:33 am

Iosif, there's a shooting range beyond the town.
There should be one with a scope
EliteHunter39
EliteHunter39

Back to top Go down

Post by Iosif Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:41 pm

Wow no wonder I couldn't find it. I never made it out of the town. I always end up shooting those zombies and crying as their clones die from a few shots but they still keep going at me. I fall into despair as a sense of futility wraps my very being and I enter a Heroic Blue Screen of Death which transforms me into a zombie dinner.

Day 1. I'm outside of Evergreen Groove, though I guess it's now Everdead Groove. I was told by a man that something out of a myth, called "google maps", indicated that beyond this town there was a shooting range that rented rifles. I already have my trusty AR-15 but it is also getting rusty...

Day 2. I tried asking the neighboors for directions. To my dissapointment they agreed that they'd rather eat my flesh than tell me how to get out of here. I fired 8 shots. 2 misses, 1 unneeded double tap and 5 headshots. Record for least rounds spent on a Wiskey Delta, at 2 headshots.

Day 10. I made it out of the town but all I see now is desert. Between the fog and the solid radiation (or is it my imagination?) I can't tell if what I'm seeing is an actual billboard or a sign to heaven. I always liked Highway to Hell more, but I don't see any highways...

Day 18. I'm closer to the billboard. I also fired two rounds against a bush that was moving suspiciously. I'll keep it in watch.

Day 27. I made it to the mythical billboard, and to my delight the shooting range is also here. I searched the place and found an AR-15 with Eotech Holographic sights. I went to the range but the targets still standing where too distant. I wondered where the closer targets dissapeared to, so I started digging. I found a cockroach. I'll call him Eduardo.

Day 28. Eduardo ate some of my food so I decided our friendship had become fatal, I took aim with my new shiny AR-15 and shot at him a few times. I missed every time. Not only that, the Holo sights weren't even working. I double checked them and they were turned off, thankfully. I adjusted them with Eduardo as target practice, and by the time I was done Eduardo was already hundreds of meters away. I'm sure he'll call for Wiskey Delta reinforcements to have vengeance against me. I must get this AR-15 ready to fire before then.

Day 29. I did target practice with the far away targets. Missed a lot of times but now I got the sights correctly adjusted. They flicker a lot when I'm moving the rifle, though. I wonder if they are damaged...

Day 51. I already spent all my ammo shooting the building. It looked at me with mean eyes. It's dead now so it's OK. I was worried that Eduardo and his army would come for me, but it's been too long. Perhaps Eduardo died during the trip. The bastard...

Day 73. NO TV NO PC NO PHONE NO AMMO MAKES LYNCH GO CRAZEEEY CRAZEEEY.

Day 81. At the last light of my remaining sanity, I write my last entry. I'm already bald due to the radiation. I don't know if it gave me cancer and cured it or something. The holo sights still work, and the rifle still works. I put the barrel in my mouth three times every day and pull the trigger. I then lay down, try not to cry and then cry a lot.
I decided to do whatever any sane person could do and become fully crazy. I think this decision is a bit rash, but perhaps now I won't even notice when I preach about the all mighty "google maps" and claim that every billboard is created with some witch spell called "photoshop". I might even just call the zombies witchcraft and have them burned at the stake. Yes, roasty zed...
Iosif
Iosif

Back to top Go down

Post by IceNoodleBowl Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:04 pm

evilplot evilplot evilplot evilplot evilplot 

Nice one.

ps. we will probably change the red sight from image based to projection based cookie. That in plain terms would be a change from a picture to projected image which probably will make the color more vibrant and less flickering.
IceNoodleBowl
IceNoodleBowl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum